Wednesday, August 14, 2013

No more Arsenal move for Suarez?‏


This is likely a bad news for some trophy-less fans of Arsenal football club as the club's greatest hope of signing seems IMPOSSIBLE.

Luis Suárez has apparently told a Uruguayan newspaper that he is staying at Anfield.

In preparation for his country's international friendly with Japan, the striker hinted a Uruguay paper El Observador that he will stay at Liverpool and may even sign a contract extension with the club.

In his words Due to all of the people's affection, I will be staying'

Earlier on Wednesday, the GolTV Latin America journalist, Martin Charquero, tweeted: "Luis Suárez confirms to me that he will not leave Liverpool. The support of the fans in recent weeks influenced his decision."

Charquero added: "Suarez sees it as likely that he'll sign a renewal to the contract that binds him to Liverpool."


To concrete the sadness for Arsenal fans, Liverpool's captain Steven Gerrard appeared to echo that thought when he said on Tuesday he was confident the striker would not join another English club.

"I don't know what is going to happen over the next few weeks," Gerrard said. "But I am really confident he won't be going to anyone else in England," Gerrard said.

"He is one of the best players in the world, so I can understand why clubs are showing an interest in him," he said. "If I can use my influence to try to make him stay, of course I will do that.

"I enjoy playing with him and I don't want him to go. For Liverpool to be successful and to keep moving forward, we need to keep our best players.


Do I see somebody biting his fingers? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment